Thursday, October 15, 2009

Snap Press

I bought myself a new fandangled snap press (will add pictures soon). They were on special for half price (or close to it) so I ummed and ahhed for about 24 hours and then ordered one. Of course if you buy a snap press you need to buy snaps to go with it. I ordered 17 different colours. 17 different colours on the order form didn't look so bad however 17 different colours in real life made me think I may have gone a bit overboard (nah not really). I transferred all the colours and components over to zip lock bags and stashed them in a big plastic tub. This system worked for a couple of days, then I got sick of trying to locate the different components of the colours when I needed to snap. So I cut up some calico and sewed the plastic zip log bags to it. Now all the snaps are in their order of colours and size. Makes it so much easier. I will probably end up some how putting them into a folder of some sort. Not yet worked out how i'm going to do that yet.

1 comment:

  1. I store my snaps in a tackle box type thing - a box with a heap of small compartments and a tight fitting flip lid that presses over the top of each compartment so that the pieces do not mix into each other when little hands shake the box!

    ReplyDelete